- Lists are printed
- Spreadsheets get distributed
- Sales people are distracted from selling
- Managers are frazzled
- The broken system stays broken
Happy holidays! If this happens each year at your company, vow that this is the year it stops.
This is why the CRM gods invented databases. Contact information goes in – useful information comes out. It’s that simple.
Fixing this colossal time-waster fixes oh so many broken things:
- Data is segmented; along with sending kittens in Santa hats to your clients, you can track demographics, launch targeted nurture campaigns, and stay top of mind. The importance of customer segmentation cannot be overstated especially during this time of year.
- Morale goes up. You won’t need mistletoe next year if your sales reps don’t have to wade through pages of spreadsheets and waste precious selling time.
- Sales don’t stall. See number 2.
- Managers may still get frazzled, but it could be for something important!
If you’re ready to end the madness but not sure where to begin, get in touch with a specialist in Sage ACT!, Zoho CRM, SugarCRM, salesforce.com – or any other CRM software that uses contact management. It may be too late for 2012, but you’ll have a merrier holiday season next year.